Jerry Alfonso Miles assists companies in complying with federal acquisition regulations, mitigating proposal risks, protesting bids, defending against government investigations, completing mergers and acquisitions, responding to government auditors, and resolving prime and subcontractor disputes.
After working with the American Society of International Law (ASIL), the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and a downtown law firm, Mr. Miles spent four years as corporate counsel for Kellogg, Brown and Root (KBR), working on matters at the forefront of international and government contract law. Mr. Miles then worked at a large, regional law firm in that firm’s government contracting, international and construction practices.
That experience gives him a special perspective that brings added value to clients in the following areas: small business contracting, Department of Defense (“DoD”) and civilian contracting, technology contracting, construction contracting, and international contracting. He has considerable experience in transactional matters, including negotiating nondisclosure agreements (“NDA”), teaming agreements, subcontract terms, and facilitating mergers and acquisitions. Mr. Miles also assists clients with bid protests, requests for equitable adjust-ments; prime and subcontract claims; audit, compliance and investigation responses; and, litigation strategies.
As a past Chair of the Federal Bar Association’s Government Contracts Section and an active member of the international procurement bar, Mr. Miles regularly speaks on international procurement matters. He also involved in several charitable and philanthropic associations, including the American Heart Associations’ Pulse Lawyers Have Heart and McKissack’s ACE Mentor Program.
Mr. Miles received his undergraduate degree from the University of Virginia, where he focused on international relations with an emphasis on the integration of European Union and Middle Eastern geopolitics. He received his juris doctor from William and Mary School of Law. When not looking for the next classic car show, Mr. Miles can be found “training” for his next 10k road race on the National Mall with his “AmStaff” Maci.
- Federal Bar Association, Government Contracts Section: Past Chair
- American Bar Association, Contract Claims & Dispute Resolution Committee: Co-Chair
- American Bar Association, Battle Space & Contingency Contracting Committee: Vice Chair
- American Bar Association, International Law Section, International Procurement Committee: Co-Chair
- American Bar Association, Public Contract Section, Construction Division, Vice Chair
- American Bar Association, Bid Protest Committee, Vice Chair
- American Bar Association, Aerospace & Defense Committee: Vice Chair
- National Defense Industrial Association, Small Business Board
- Armed Forces Computer Electronics Association, Small Business Board
- Tech Council of Maryland, Government Contracting Committee
- National Contract Management Association, Potomac Chapter Board